Dracena marginata toxica
Dogs can eat peppermint
But know that most of our pets will not consume them, for the simple fact that these species «have a very bad taste». These are mostly plants that are found, especially in spring and summer in fields, meadows and wooded areas. These are the most toxic of all.
For the dangerous flowers, like all poisons, it will depend mainly on the quantity ingested in relation to the weight of your pet. But there are quite a few flowers, which do not need to be eaten, the simple contact with mucous membranes (or nibbling and spitting) can provoke a reaction.
The animals most at risk are especially puppies or very young animals, although adult dogs have been seen eating toxic flowers. If your dog is one of those that will swallow anything, be especially careful with certain plants and flowers, as it could cause you serious discomfort.
Pay attention also to the water in the vases, which can be toxic and to the storage of seeds as for garden products and to the moment when your plants have just been planted, because it is just at that moment that your pet can sometimes get intoxicated, trying to dig them up.
Rue is bad for dogs
Dracaena is a genus of very attractive plants that are especially popular as houseplants. But when we bring plants into the house, sometimes our pets think we’ve made them a salad bar. Dogs and cats don’t always know what’s good for them, so it’s important to have a good sense of how dangerous it is if they take a bite out of your plants. Read on to learn more about dracaena poisoning of pets.
If you catch your dog or cat eating dracaena leaves, you should contact your veterinarian. The biggest concern with dracaena pet poisoning is the symptoms it induces. Vomiting, excessive drooling and diarrhea can quickly lead to severe dehydration, which is a serious problem if left untreated.
Fortunately, it is easily treated by a veterinarian, who can quickly get your pet back on its feet in a safe environment. If you’re ever concerned about your pet’s health, it’s better to be safe than sorry. And when it comes to dracaena poisoning of a pet, the wait can be very serious and even fatal.
Headache and burning eyes, nausea and loss of concentration: a plant, Dracaena could solve these problems. Dracaena is also known for its ability to absorb carbon dioxide, emit oxygen, increasing our ability to concentrate and productivity. In addition, the plant is able to control humidity in a closed environment, thus avoiding numerous diseases.
Plants belonging to the Dracaena genus also remove xylene, benzene, formaldehyde and trichloroethylene from the air. These substances cause asthma, dizziness, drowsiness, increased heart rate, tremors and skin irritations.
The presence of a Dracena in the home or office has no side effects because it is not toxic to humans. However, if you have a pet, you should place the plant in a place where your pet cannot reach it because it may be toxic to him.
Dracaena is toxic for dogs
In addition to plants, in the case of our pets we also have to take into account their diet, as they should have several foods banned because they are potentially dangerous to their health.
In veterinary practice, it turns out that cats ingest plants less frequently than dogs. Although dogs and cats have the habit of relying on nature for relief of their discomfort or health problems, and ingest some plants for this, but they can also make mistakes, or suffer allergic reactions, or various injuries. Dogs are the ones who most frequently visit the veterinarian as a result of plant intoxications, but it also happens with cats. As indicated in this text, the diagnosis is often inaccurate because they do not know which plant has caused the poisoning.
In case your pet shows symptoms of poisoning (see list of plants), take him immediately to a veterinarian. Do not try to induce vomiting because you can produce a worsening of its clinical picture. Do not give milk to intoxicated or poisoned animals, as milk is not an antidote against this type of poisoning.